2014/07/09

WTMC 2014-Workshop
MUSICTHERAPY IN THE SOCIAL WORK:
TENSION and RELAXATION





program 

relaxation exercises


(Music and movement-based brief interventions on the subject of tension and relaxation for different target groups based on rim-concept and res-analysis by use of literature from the fields of therapy, music education, music therapy, dance therapy, rhythm, sports science and others)



abstract

Movement is important for our mental state. RIM stands for ressource-oriented, integrativ and multimodal. The division of time is a rhythmic question. In the musical movement change tension and relaxation. The experiments and exercises in the workshop are to raise awareness of movement and expression and provide opportunites for self-awareness.

introduction


Welcome. I am pleased that you attend my workshop. I hope, you have a good time here. Sorry, my English is not so good, but I hope you still can understand me.

I am excited about the opportunity in this beautiful music therapy room to present my music therapy concept. For this I would like to thank Dr. Tucek and the organization team for the great support.

The understanding on this Congress with over 1000 participants from 56 countries, can be safely improved by a good body language. It's well to educate ourselves in it.

I want to introduce you in relaxation techniques and in the rhythmical division of time. Please explore with me the secrets of simplicity.

My name is Gerd Fierus. I'm from Germany, social worker, musictherapist and PhD-Student at the DEUTSCHE SPORTHOCHSCHULE KÖLN. The topic of my dissertation is 'Musiktherapeutic opportunities in the social work'. I put emphasis on the connection between music and movement.

The WCMT 2014, attended by participants from 56 countries. The understanding may be enhanced by body language to clear communication.

Institution: 'Sozialpsychiatrischen Zentrum der SGN Gemeinützige Sozialpsychiatrische Gesellschaft Niederberg mbH, Nordstr. 29, D-42551 Velbert'. It's a community-psychiatric center for adults. I work there  in the assisted living, often with clients with schizophrenic disorder. A psychotic disorder is not so rare. About 0.7 percent of people have in their lives at least one psychotic episode and the course of the disease varies greatly.The goals are to integrate them into the community and to reduce stays in clinic.

I try to empower my clients to help themselves to live as independently as possible, so that they can live alone or with a partner in own apartments. I'm always looking for good methods to help them. MUSIKTHERAPY, RYTHM TRAINING, DANCE THERAPY, MUSIC EDUCATION and THEATER TRAINING have certainly to offer a lot of. 

Our clients often suffer from drive disorders, depression and other handycaps and the neuroleptics often have significant side effects and impair their mobility. They also have problems to be in large groups. Clients with a chronic psychose can not concentrate long. They can only focus briefly and are often extremely limited in their performance.

Then there is another aspect:
Social work is sometimes stressful. We use Supervision to clarify our conflicts. Even Social workers need methods, to reduce stress and to stay healthy. I motivate myself to make music and use the positive effects. Music can be a joy. Music can touch us. Music can move us. Music is a medium, we can work with. Musicians know very well how to use music. I think we can find a lot of know-how in literature and practice. Let's explore it together.
  
Program: The Divison Of Time

flip chart
paper 1
Musictherapy in the social work
Tension - Relaxation

RIM:
resource-oriented
integrativ
multimodal

nonverbal communication has to do with:
movement
gestures
physical posture

The experiments & exercises in the workshop are to raise awareness and provide opportunities for self-awareness.

paper 2
How can I get my health?
-->  reduce complexity
There are only three things to do every day:
1. move physically
2. cultivate social contacts
3. learn something new

FEAR IS THE PATH

paper 3
categories of the RES-Analyse 'Rhythmisch Energetische Struktur Analyse' by Prof. Dr. Dr. Karl Hörmann and translated by Gerd Fierus:
light - heavy weight (grounded)
slow - fast
round - straight line
- flow of the movement +

paper 4 
theory / words / practice:
Never believe anything!
Check anything!

How can we help in a short way?
Use Your senses!
Built a relationship
Give good instructions
What can we do for people with drive disorders and depression?

paper 5
The secret of simplicity is also in demand of:
Methods in social work
ability profile

We can learn what we want,
we just need to know how.
perhaps With a little help from my friends.




Keine Kommentare:

 
blogoscoop